Thursday, December 28, 2017

A Call to Arms

Getting a nice month break from university has filled me with motivation to finally get around to making my own wargaming blog. After reading online that it's a great way to also stay motivated, as you feel you can document the progress, and share it with others, I decided that along with my new project it would be time to get it started.

Now you may be wondering about this new project... Well seeing as I have a significant 15mm Flames of War miniature collection which is simply gathering dust, I thought it would be time to get around to assembling and painting some of the models. However, not being a fan of Flames of War, especially after glancing at the v4 rules, I looked for a new gamesystem. Which brings us to my project...

Well I found that  Too Fat Lardies have a truly unique and amazing rulebook for WW2 platoon level skirmishes: Chain of Command.

After a couple test battles with my multibased FoW miniatures I decided the game would be more satisfying with individually mounted miniatures. After roughly a week and a half I was able to churn out an entire British platoon, 3 sections (each composed of a 3 man Bren team, six riflemen, and an NCO), a PIAT team, and mortar team. Rounded out with a platoon Sergeant and Lieutenant. 36 soldiers make up this late war British platoon.




Now I move on to the Germans with renewed enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment