Friday, August 24, 2018

Finished US Paratrooper Platoon


Hey guys!

So the 15mm Chain of Command onslaught continues... Well after a long break, mostly due to having to focus on my final dissertation and other school work, I finally decided to start a new project altogether, at this point painting more Germans will simply fry my brain. 

As most WW2 buffs I have always been a huge fan of the HBO Band of Brothers mini series, using it countless times as motivation whilst painting. So this summer I decided to get on with it and finished up a little US Paratrooper platoon along with various support options. I decided to experiment with some new photo techniques. Yet, I made the mistake of not using a large enough sheet of paper so was forced to end up making some clumsy cropping which is a shame, but I was still quite happy with the final result and was not bothered too much. Here below is the full platoon with all its support options:



The core platoon is completely different to that of my previous German and British platoons, it consists of only two sections, but is nicely supplemented by a 60mm mortar section (unfortunately without a Junior leader attached). In any case being elite, making them extremely hard to hit, and being equipped with belt fed LMG's and Garands these guys truly pack a punch!


When it came to support options I didn't want to go overboard so I mostly focused on what I am planning on using on some of the campaigns I saw online: an extra squad, a 5 man MMG team, a forward observer for off table mortar support, a medic and finally 4 SMG gunners. If I deem it necessary in the future I might simply paint another Bazooka team and possibly a sniper.



In any case I'm quite happy with the project altogether, I tried out some new techniques and was able to paint these guys pretty quickly so I'm looking forward to trying them out!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment