Monday, April 9, 2018

German platoon gets some more support options!

Well... My 15mm German infantry platoon Chain of Command continues to come along. Although I did promise myself that after the last batch of German support options I would be moving on to painting some for the British, I just couldn't contain myself from painting some more support for my little German platoon. So after adding two Stugs, a radio operator, an extra senior leader, and an extra squad, this week I finished up on a whole new batch of new support options! I'm very pleased on the final result, and I really have quite a lot of flexibility now when it comes to deciding what to bring on the table for any given scenario. Here below are the little fellas:


The new support options: engineer teams, a sniper, tripod MG 42, Pak40 and sIG 33 infantry gun.



A close up of the engineer pieces I have painted up. I decided that I would paint 1 compound charge, 1 minesweeper, 2 demolition guys and 1 flamethrower (from left to right). In CoC an small engineer team is made up of three guys, with the option to field a larger squad composed of two separate teams and a junior leader. Thus, I painted up 4 riflemen to act as crew and 1 junior leader in case I decide to field the larger section. This should allow me to be flexible and field any engineer team I deem necessary for a scenario.




While the sIG 33 does cost a whopping 8 points (using the consolidated arsenal), it does have an impressive firepower: 8 AP and 13 HE, making it useful not only against dug in infantry (particularly elite infantry), but also being a decent anti-tank option. 



The classic Pak40, this is a staple German WW2 gun. Coming in as a 5 list five support option (once again using the consolidated arsenal) it has 9AP and 4 HE. While it in the rulebook it was originally a list 7 option, which was much too expensive in my opinion, I can see myself spending 5 points to get this piece on the table, especially if I also bring in an entrenchment.




Finally, two less flashy pieces, are the sniper team and the tripod mounted HMG. Although I'm not sure I'm a fan of snipers in wargames as they sometimes do nothing at all for me, the tripod mounted MG 42 is a great addition as it will be able to throw down some coordinated fire, supporting my other squads.



Disclaimer: I am aware that the incorrect number of crew are on the bases of the guns (Pak 40 should have 2 more crew, same for the MG 42, and the sIG 33 is missing one crew). I decided that I would go down the scenic approach and have some nice looking bases, the other crew members not shown have been running around fetching ammo 😉 I will track the casualties with a mini dice, using a scenic dice holder for them! 

Thanks for reading! 🙋

No comments:

Post a Comment